Monday, January 6, 2014

It's another year...


It happened again. A new year, another January.
Although I notice a new year, I often don't fuss over it.
The though of a "New Year's Resolution" drives me mad. In my mind, it's a set-up for failure
And who likes the feeling of failing? Not me.
So instead I come up with some Goals. 
Same thing? I don't like to think so.

Here are my, "goals" for 2014:

~Read my devotion every day. Morning, afternoon, or evening. Read it Emma!!
~Finish my Sophomore year of school strong. {I tend to fall off toward the end}
~Go on a mission trip, or start the process of a mission trip.
~Pray more (enough said)
~Start a memory jar for 2014

In July I attended a three-day girls retreat with some of the girls from my church. While there, I received the Jesus Calling devotion by Sarah Young. If you don't own this devo, I strongly recommend you buy it. It so simple, yet so powerful. Buy Jesus Calling


Although Jesus calling is great, I feel I need a little bit more on a day-to-day basis. As Jesus calling only gives me 2-4 scripture verses. So along with Jesus Calling I have started Devotions for the God Girl by Hayley DiMarco. Although this only gives you one verse from a chapter. I read the entire chapter (not just the verse) each day. Another plus: it goes through the entire Bible. So you get devotionals from each book of the Bible! Buy God Girl

Another thing that has been in the back of my brain is, Missions. Most of you know I traveled to Haiti back in June. See Haiti Post
It was an amazing trip and I loved the kids/people. But it's just not where I'm supposed to be. Don't get me wrong, the little girl I love and think about everyday is there... but I'm not feeling God pulling me to Haiti. I am still longing for China. The question is: Is the longing of me? Or God's tugging on my heart?

Finally, I am starting a memory jar! What is a memory jar? Basically, you write down exciting (or simple) happening in 2014. Then, on December 31st, 2014 (New Year's Eve), you go through an read all of them.
I thought it was a cute idea, so.. why not? Right!? Memory Jar

Well, with nothing else left to write; Happy 2014!!!

“The LORD bless you and keep you; the LORD make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace.”’
– Numbers 6:24-26 (NIV)

1 comment:

Ty said...

Just placed my order for Jesus Calling. Thanks for the recommendation.
Happy 2014!