Last year my Mom and I were able to go with our Church on and OCC Processing Trip.
We had such a fantastic time!
So this year I went again, this time with my Dad.
If you ever get a chance to go and work at a Processing center, DO IT!
|In the van! (Ronni behind me)|
We worked a 9 hour shift and were totally dead by the end.
|Station 7 (Our station)|
There are many jobs to fill.
1. Inspector 1: Basically you're taking money and donation out of the boxes. All the money goes to shipping.
2. Inspector 2: A very thorough inspection. Taking out inappropriate items, (Liquids, Chocolate, Food, Knives, War toys, ect.)
3. Taper: Taping the boxes shut with cool tape. (My favorite job)
4. Cartonizer: You have to get the boxes into bigger boxes. You have to fit at least 14 boxes in each carton, no less.
5. Scanner: For those super cool EZ Track tags, that let you follow your box, have to be scanned.
First the specific box, then the carton it's placed in.
5. Heavy Lifter: When the cartons are full you tape up the carton and send it down the line.
|Dad, the Heavy Lifter.|
I was a taper, for the first hour. You have to trade jobs because taping makes your hand SO sore.
I did every job, my favorite was being Scanner. Then Taper, and Inspector 1.
|Photo courtesy of Dad.|
|Dad, taping up a box.|
It was a long, fun, tiring Friday, but it was good.